Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hangin' Round


So I haven't posted in a while- mostly because I haven't done too much of interest lately. It's exam time here and varrying exam timetables are preventing us from taking any trips. Lots of people are leaving mid November so it already feels like everything is winding down even though I have at least another 2 months here. Also the weather has been questionable lately as well. We were going to do the Routeburn hike a few weeks ago, but crazy snow above the ridge line in Fjiordland prevented us from doing so... that is unless we wanted to be caught in an avelanche, and thats not too advisable.

The rain is on and off- one minute it might be sunny and clear sky and then 5 minutes later it could be gray and raining. So I've been golfing when its nice, watching movies and reading when its not so nice, studying a little, and BBQing as much as possible. I had my first exam yesterday and I think I dominated it pretty well. I don't have another exam until Nov. 9th so I have a while to do something or go somewhere if it works out with other people. Hopefully, I'll be able to do the Otago central rail trail, which is a 3 day biking trip, or another hike before my final.

Then after all the finals are done we begin another epic adventure. Starting on Nov. 12th (My birthday) Xander, Julie, Rob, and I are doing the Milford track and then immediately after that Xander, Rob, and I begin our 7-day hike in Stewart Island and then after that up to Christchurch for the Muse concert, and then some hiking around Mt. Cook. In December we're hoping to do the Cascade Saddle trail and loop it into part of the Rees/Dart track. Lots of hiking coming up that should be good. But for now, I'm mostly just hanging out.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home