Wednesday, June 27, 2007

In the Airport



I typed this at 5am this morning in MS word because I didn't have internet access. Since I'm in LA now for like 11 more hours I decided to buy a $10 one day pass for wi-fi access. Anyway... here's what I wrote earlier this morning:


This will be the first real entry for my travel blog. I drove to the Chicago suburbs last night with Mom and Dad and we ate and went to the mall for awhile. I went to sleep around ten and got up and 3am this morning. We left the hotel and headed to the airport. It’s just past 5am now and I’m sitting at my gate waiting to board the plane to Los Angeles.


I was a little more nervous than I expected- this morning I felt like I was waking up for a speech tournament like in high school. I said goodbye to Mom and Dad and now the excitement is starting to take hold. I think the hardest part of leaving was just all the waiting around and slow process of getting underway. Although I guess I have plenty of waiting left to do- I have about 14 hours of sitting in LA before I can board the plane to Auckland. And then I have that 16 hour plane ride after that. Joy. This first plane, however, is the first step and I feel more relaxed knowing that I’m officially on the first leg of my journey. It’s going to be a weird two days only spent in airplanes and airports. I think I’ll officially be in Thursday for less than 24 hours, and that will be entirely on the trip to Auckland. With the time difference, I should arrive at 6am on Friday in New Zealand. Awesome.

5 Comments:

At 9:41 PM , Blogger The Vodka Suicide said...

High five dude.....this is so rad you are going to have such an awesome time. I hope you don't go crazy on the plane. I felt myself going to the dark side after about eight hours. Have a rock n roll time and I hope some of your girl room mates end up being hot.

 
At 11:01 PM , Blogger adodaro said...

hey pat.
I hope you have an awesome time...also I hope you took advantage of some of the airport bars before your flight. really takes the edge off of the pre-flight jitters. peace!

 
At 11:19 PM , Blogger Roxana said...

patty i missed you before but it just hit me that you really wont be back until christmas... :(:(:( i feel like i could cry but i know you'll be having a great life experience and hopefully getting some great foreign vagina and beer. anyway, i think(hope) you're on a plane right now and i hope it doesn't end up like Lost and i can't wait to hear that you've arrived safely and settled in comfortably.

love to love you,
i'll hold down the fort while you're gone,
roxy

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger Kevin said...

Hey pat, you should check out if there is a 6'3", lanky jewish kid on your trip/going to school with you. If so, that may be my friend Sam Barrows. Say hello to him for me.

 
At 6:27 PM , Blogger berger said...

Have (great)times.
I am have something for you - number 1 is priceless.

Top Ten Signs Your Starship Captain is a Drunkard

10.) When Spock mind probes him, Spock gets hammered.
9.) Wakes up next to a Klingon chick at least once a week.
8.) Starts the ship’s self-destruct sequence just to fuck with the yeoman who blew him off in the officer’s lounge.
7.) Each time you discover a new planet he tells Spock to scan the surface for cheap scotch and loose females.
6.) The first thing he says when negotiating with Romulans is, “So, what’s the ale situation?”
5.) McCoy tells him, “I’m a doctor, Jim, not a bartender!”
4.) He keeps slipping down to the engineering room to “discuss ancient Scottish traditions” with Scotty.
3.) Giggles every time Spock says they should launch a “deep space probe.”
2.) Whenever a female yeoman brings him a clipboard he tries to open a tab.
1.) Is willing to make beer runs into the neutral zone.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home